- These protein-packed macaroons are the perfect healthy treat to satisfy your chocolate craving!
- Dark chocolate is full of a variety of nutrients, including antioxidants.
Dark Double Chocolate Coconut Protein Macaroons
- 2 cups coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- 1 scoop Solgar® Grass Fed Whey to Go® chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp granulated stevia (or preferred sweetener)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add coconut flakes to food processor. Blend until just before it starts to get paste like (before it turns into coconut butter).
- Add protein powder, stevia, maple syrup, and milk. Blend briefly until a smooth batter is formed.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper. Use a 1 1/2 tbsp. cookie scoop to scoop out 8 macaroons onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. The bottom edges of the macaroons should be golden brown. Let macaroons completely cool.
- Once cooled, melt dark chocolate chips. Put melted dark chocolate into a small plan storage bag. Cut off the end and pipe a drizzle of chocolate over top of each macaroon.
- If desired, add a sprinkle of coconut over top.