- Topped with a delicious cinnamon brown sugar crumble, these muffins are the perfect breakfast on the go.
- The added apple sauce helps keep the muffins moist.
Cranberry Crumble Muffin
- 1 cup Solgar Whey to Go strawberry protein powder
- 1 cup gluten-free 1:1 baking mix
- ¼ cup garbanzo & fava flour
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup hot water
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan.
- Combine protein powder and 1-to-1 baking mix, fava flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and xanthan gum; mix well for 1 min.
- Add to this the water, oil, vanilla, and applesauce and mix for 2 minutes. Fold in the dry cranberries.
- Scoop into each muffin holder, about ¾ full.
- Combine crumb-topping ingredients and mix well until fully combined. Add crumble to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool at room temperature (freeze for up to 2 months).