- These naturally sweetened protein balls are the perfect to add to your child's lunch, or as an on-the go snack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge to keep it fresh.
No Bake Almond Joy Energy Balls
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 scoop Solgar Whey to Go chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes (reserve 1/2 cup for rolling)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Put 1/2 cup of coconut flakes into the food processor and process to break up flakes slightly (about 1 minute). Do not over-process or it will become coconut butter.
- Remove flakes and set aside.
- Place dates in the food processor and process until they have broken up and come together into a ball.
- Break up the date-ball with hands and add in almonds, Whey to Go, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of coconut flakes and sea salt.
- Mix for several minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add in vanilla extract and 1 tbsp. of almond milk.
- Process until mixture comes back together into a ball. If it doesn’t do this, add in 1 more tablespoon of almond milk. It should look like the photo above.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and roll into 2 dozen balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut flakes you processed earlier.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for several weeks.