- This healthy take on a classic bundt cake is the perfect way to finish off a meal.
- If you don't have garbanzo & fava flour, quinoa or whole wheat flour are great alternatives.
Toasted Coconut Bundt Cake
- ¾ cup gluten-free 1:1 baking mix
- ¾ cup Solgar® Grass Fed Whey to Go® chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup garbanzo & fava flour
- ⅔ cup unrefined granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 ⅓ cup hot water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 6 cup bundt pan (for 6 small bundts).
- Combine all dry batter ingredients and mix well.
- Add batter wet ingredients and mix for 3 minutes.
- Pour and spread batter evenly into each bundt, bake for about 35 minutes, or until done
- Let cool completely, and then remove from pan. In a separate bowl combine all icing ingredients and mix well until smooth, set aside.
- Place shredded coconut evenly onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes at 325 degrees until flakes are lightly toasted.
- Add icing to each cake and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.