- These muffins are packed with protein, making them the perfect grab-and-go snack
- The chocolate protein powder will satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising on taste
Chocolate Protein Muffins
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. ground flaxseed + 5 tbsp. water) or egg substitute
- 1¼ cup yogurt
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 scoop Solgar Whey to Go Chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease each slot of a standard muffin tin or use paper liners.
- Prepare flax eggs in a small bowl, by mixing together the ground flax & water. Set aside about 10 minutes. It will thicken up and become gel-like.
- When the flax eggs are ready, add all the ingredients (except the toppings) into a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Pour mixture into each slot about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each one with your favorite toppings Bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin or two. If it comes out mostly clean, they are done.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack, then cool for another 10-15 minutes (muffins may flatten).